How to create Work-Life Balance
And how Self-Care is so Important
Faviola ‘the CEO Hustler’ Valencia, helping you Boss Up and Rise…
Work-Life Balance is so important in today’s modern world, our lives are constantly up/down, left/right and we are constantly struggling to achieve the “comfortable work-life balance”…
“In business and in life we must have work-life balance in order to be happy and avoid the daily stresses of life and business” – Faviola
I think that part of the problem is that:
- Technology has REMOVED all boundaries between work and home.
- That we are so focused on building an “Empire” vs focusing on what’s important “family, friends, ourselves”.
- And we spend more hours at work, business vs our home and family.
“According to a blog provided by (JodyMichael.com) a recent study, 65 percent of employees said that their manager expects them to be reachable outside of the office; one in five survey respondents reported working 20 or more hours per week on their own time.
While a growing number of companies are recognizing the many benefits of work-life balance, it remains up to you to keep the scale in check.”
At what point do we say “enough is enough”, it’s time to focus on me, my family, friends and NOT so MUCH on money and work that we lose focus on what’s important!
In my line of work I see this happening so much day in/day out and like I mentioned before I’m guilty of this myself!
You see, I was just like many of you – focusing on “work, work, work” instead of focusing on my kids and family…
However, I consider myself one of the lucky ones…
- Our kids turned out OK (Good abiding citizens)
- Thank God our kids are well behaved (at least when at home)
- My kids are doing good (sports, Navy, Trade work)…BUT
Not many families can say the same…Many of you;
- Are dealing with your kids being depressed, sad, misbehaving, etc
- Don’t have time for your kids and therefore are acting up
- Have kids with bad behavior, or are struggling with your kids
Life Balance is hard to achieve for many
Now I get it for many of us business owners, professionals, freelancers a work-life balance is incredibly important, but sometimes hard to achieve, but we also know that it’s important for happiness, productivity, and effectiveness at work.
In my years (decades) as a business owner, wife and mother to 4 children (9, 15, 18, 23) achieving the right balance between business and lifestyle will not only give you the best chance of strong performance at work but also help you to maintain a healthy relationship.
Learn more about why Work | Life balance is imporatnt
Watch it for free . No registration needed.
The point to this post and video is that as a parent and business owner, it is our responsibility to care for our families regardless of the amount of work we or how tired we are, or how much we have on our plate.
Our FIRST job and responsibility are to take care of ourselves, SECONDLY, you have to take care of your family and LASTLY create a WORK-LIFE BALANCE in order to achieve our goals!
Here are some basic SIMPLE TIPS to consider…
- Plan and prioritize your Day for both Work and Home
- Design a “Work-Free” zone and a “Work” zone
- You must Create and Stick to the time designated for your Business and Family
- Create a budget and live within your means, so your not stressed and overworked trying to make ends meet
- Don’t overextend yourself and take more than what you can handle
As parents, our job is our family and it’s our responsibility to embed good values, respect, and it’s our responsibility to care and mentor our children. Teachers are there to help, but it’s NOT their responsibility to raise our kids!
We live in a horrible time and I ask that you take some time and reevaluate yourself, your life, your business and ask yourself…
“Am I living and doing the right thing, Am I providing my family the love and support and care that they need, Am I overworking myself and un attending my family for money, Is my priority my family or my business or both and can I create my Life-Work balance, Am I ready to make changes for the best benefits for myself, my family and business”…