Hello friends! You’re here because you’re either seeking a career as an Interpreter, or you’re looking to start your own business. Whatever the case may be – WELCOME!
- Are you a freelance translator/interpreter who wants to start his/her own business, but don’t know how?
- Are you already in business, but not sure how to expand your business; translation/interpreting business?
Well, if you answered Yes to one of these questions, then you’re in the right place – so let’s get started!
Let me tell you that in order to START ANY TYPE OF BUSINESS, YOU, MY FRIEND – WILL NEED A BUSINESS PLAN!
This is ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT STEPS that many Entrepreneurs FAIL to implement.
A business plan helps you build the “foundation of your business”…Just like building a house (you need a solid foundation), building a car (you need a good engine), or even raising a baby (you need to know how to, what the baby needs, be prepared, and so much more)…SO YES – YOU NEED A PLAN!
A plan includes – the “Who, What, When, Why, Where, and How”…It helps you with preparing, organization, planning, and development.
- Who is the business for?
- What type of business are you starting?
- When are you planning to launch?
- What is your “Why”?
- Where are you planning to start this business?
- And How are you planning to do it and starting?
These are crucial questions that you need to ask yourself vs. just starting off and then struggling to put the pieces in place and putting your business at RISK!
Other things to do when starting a business:
- Sales and Marketing Plan
- Business Operations; staff, location, logistics, finance, etc.
- Action Plan; how, when, etc.
Need help with deciphering your business or with your Interpreting business? Check out my other posts