With the world shifting and many of us switching to remote/virtual work, there are many steps that we must take in order to successfully operate our business.
Throughout my years in business, I’ve had the pleasure to go from a Corporate 6-figure business; employees, contractors, offices, remote office, etc to a 6-figure Entrepreneur working from the comfort of my home on my OWN TERMS!
Today I want to share my proven steps you can follow to help you when starting a small business online.
Throughout my year’s researching, testing, and implementing some of these steps into my business not only have I grown my business, but I’ve seen thousands of people start and grow successful businesses by doing the following:
- Find something you love, enjoy – just do it!
- Use your skills or contract someone with the skills you need such as writing content that sells.
- Design and build an easy-to-use website, even if it’s a one-pager that has these key elements; who you are, what you do, and what you provide, and as your business grows you can add more to the website.
- You must learn how to do Sales and Marketing, but you also need to understand and learn how to use search engines to drive traffic to your site.
- Get trained so you can establish an expert reputation for yourself.
Always stay in touch and follow up with your customers and subscribers by email.
- Increase your income using the right tools through systems and procedures.
Anyone, from a newbie to a seasoned entrepreneur, interpreter, or walks of life can benefit from this process in learning how to start a business online and offline.
- Are you a freelance translator/interpreter who wants to start his/her own business, but don’t know how?
- Are you already in business, but not sure how to expand your business; entrepreneurship, interpreting, translation, start-up, small business, etc?
“A plan is ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT STEPS that many Entrepreneurs FAIL to implement. A business plan helps you build the “foundation of your business”…Just like building a house (you need a solid foundation), building a car (you need a good engine), or even raising a baby (you need to know how to, what the baby needs, be prepared, and so much more)…”
A plan includes – the “Who, What, When, Why, Where, and How”…It helps you with preparing, organizing, planning, and development.
Here are a few things to ponder when creating your plan:
- Who is the business for?
- What type of business are you starting?
- When are you planning to launch?
- What is your “Why”?
- Where are you planning to start this business?
- And How are you planning to do it and starting?
These are crucial questions that you need to ask yourself vs. just starting off and then struggling to put the pieces in place and putting your business at RISK!
More tips on how to start a business online and offline.
- Space; private bedroom, small space in your home; closet, corner in your room, etc.
- Good highspeed internet
- Good background for your zoom video calls
- Test your applications
- Create a Plan for remote and virtual business
- Do not mix business with family!!!
Need help with starting, growing, or deciphering your business? Check out my other posts