Are you looking to start your own Interpreting or Translation or General business?
First and foremost keep in mind that starting a business is NOT EASY, but it’s also NOT IMPOSSIBLE! If you have the right mindset, ideas, planning in place – you can be very successful!
- Do you have an idea, concept, service or product that you want to sell?
- Have you done research and know what you need to put this idea to work?
- Have you taken into account all the ups/downs, cash flow problems that may arise with a business? If not, it is important to be prepared for the ups and downs and especially the “cash flow” that can break your business!
- Do you have a; business plan, strategic plan, etc…in place? If not, I will provide you with all the resources to make sure that you get all your licensing, permits, insurance, etc…in place!
Well, I Invite you to Check Out my Video and Learn More about Entrepreneurship and Starting a Business
Now, if your looking to Starting an Interpreting and Translation business then this is a whole new “ball game” it’s NOT EASY, but again it’s NOT IMPOSSIBLE!
First and foremost you have to know the industry, you have to know if you are able and experienced to do both. You have to find your nitch, your target market…It takes more than just knowing a “second language” to be a “Professional Interpreter / Translator”…
Many interpreters and translators forget the important things about the business. They forget that if you are a “Freelance Interpreter / Translator” based on the City, State, County that you live in, you are required to:
- Invest in a business license
- Obtain liability and errors and omissions insurance
- Establish a contract/agreement for your services
- Have a little sales and marketing experience in order to market your self
- Some basic accounting experience in order to properly invoice and collect for your services
- These are just a few key points that many “Freelancers” forget to obtain.
Follow my blog and learn more about the do’s and don’ts of this billion dollar industry, so that you don’t end up like “the other guy”…Not adhering to the Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct.
CHECK OUT MY INTERPRETING VIDEO BELOW
Learn how to become a “Professional Language Interpreter / Translator”
Sign Up for my Exclusive Workshops www.faviolavalencia.com/entrepreneurship or if you are ready to Get Trained and Interested in my 1:1 coaching programs, then check this out! www.theceohustler.com or my Group Trainings www.BossupandRise.com